Sunday, July 26, 2009

Music and More

Laaaaaa! "Okay, everyone close your eyes and try that again. See if you can all match your voices to one note." Louahooooahhaaaaaaaaaaaa! "There! did you hear that now! That was much better. That's what we want to sound like when you're singing the songs."

Last week I started a children's choir here on Second Mile. Between the two practices we have had, there are a total of eleven kids interested, including my cousins. I had SOOOO much fun with them!! I couldn't believe how much fun. They all LOVE to sing, and are fast learners. They aren't shy and afraid... they just sing out with all their might and we can work on adjusting it from there :-)

Over the last week I have been busy with something happening each day. Since last Monday I gave a keyboard lesson Monday, children's choir Tuesday, Bible study where I led the music Wednesday, Wednesday morning I helped cook at the Working Hands dorm, Thursday evening I went to a final dinner and presentation at the end of a street kids camp, Friday was Missionary team meeting in Manila and another kids choir practice, Saturday was the regular choir practice, and Sunday I went to church with one of the girls from Mustard Seed in the morning, led music for the afternoon service and also at that service the church choir performed for the first time! It was a good week. Oh, I forgot to mention music lessons with Daniel and Noah and writing another test for them.

Today in the morning Laura and I went to the Palenke to buy ingredients, and then in the afternoon we made Biko (sticky rice with sugar and cocoanut) with one of the national ladies here, named Lolly (pronounced Lowly). Later this week I may be cooking at the dorm again sometime, and have more choir practices and performances.

Between everything that's been going on, I have enjoyed spending time with the Roots, reading a book together as a family (The Edge of Eternity) and helping with various projects. We will be having guests for Supper tonight.

Well, I hope this gives you a bit of an idea of what I've been up to! Thank you so much for your prayers! I really need them, especially when there is a busier schedule. I am Praising God for every day I have here, and seeking Him for wisdom in how to spend my time.

1 comment:

  1. It's great to hear from you again!! It's so good to be busy, and it's awesome to hear how much God's using you. We'll definitely keep praying!

    ReplyDelete