Do you find your memory short sometimes? There are times when I walk from the kitchen to the basement where we have our pantry, and I stand there and think to myself, "Now, what was I supposed to be getting again?" Then I start walking back upstairs and something I see gives me a cue and reminds me why I went down in the first place. Then I go back downstairs and get whatever canned good I was originally seeking.
People need reminders for everything. Alarm clocks, stove timers, day planners, automatic computer calendar reminders, watch alarms, email event reminders, grocery lists, other people, "Cindy, remind me not to forget to bring the parking pass for school!" We even have built-in physical reminders to help us remember to take care of our bodies. We get hungry. Thirsty. We get the urge to, well, you know...
We get cold. We get hot. We get tired. We need reminders. God knows this.
It is interesting to think about the things God commanded the Israelites to do. Passover, for instance, was a time for them to REMEMBER how the Lord their God brought them out of Egypt. And Jesus commanded us to observe Communion, and do it "In REMEMBRANCE of Me." My life would be transformed if I could only remember all the truths of who God is, and how He is so much bigger than every problem and every situation. Remember the LORD Your God.
REMEMBER
When you feel alone
In a world sin
Preaching words of God
But you don't think it's sinking in
Like Elijah against three hundred men of baal
It only takes one, His power to unveil
Just remember...
When you are weak, God is strong.
Your reach is short, His is long.
Though Satan's evil causes pain,
It is Jesus Christ who reigns.
Behold! He comes with His reward
To each what their works afford
He is promising His spirit to discern,
Until He will return!
So be faithful and remember... The LORD is Your God!
When you feel alone
Struggling with your fears
Crying out to God
Through your guilt and pain and tears
Just like Daniel in the den who dared to do what's right
If you trust and follow with your all, God will win the fight
Just remember...
When you are weak, God is strong.
Your reach is short, His is long.
Though Satan's evil causes pain,
It is Jesus Christ who reigns.
Behold! He comes with His reward
To each what their works afford
He is promising His spirit to discern,
Until He will return!
So be faithful and remember... The LORD is Your God!
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment