Thursday, June 25, 2009

So, what is Amy doing anyway?

Okay, well I got to thinking that you might be wondering what I'm actually doing here. I will give you a brief description of my summer schedule as it sits right now. I am still praying that if there is more the Lord wants me to do, that He would reveal that to me.

Daily:

- help with chores/meals
- help Daniel and Noah in the garden
- help Daniel with an English report for about an hour
- practice some Tagalog
- help Daniel and Noah with guitar practice or lessons (I don't have to be directly with them every day, but at least once a week)
- teach music rudiments to Daniel and Noah 1/2 hour every few days (they are getting a crash course in music rudiments while I'm here, so I spend some time lesson planning for this)

Weekly:

- go shopping with Aunty Melita
- attend Lady's Bible study
- attend church
- attend 2 prayer meetings
- play with Children on Sundays after church
- teach "choir", hyms to people interested from the church
- teach keyboard to three girls Monday evenings and probably also Thursday as a mid-week booster lesson

Other:

General helping with opportunities that arise.

Again, these things don't happen exactly like this, because different events always come up and things change. But this gives you a general idea. This week in particular:

Friday: It is Action Fun Day, a day for all the missionary families here with Action to celebrate all the Independence or National days from the contries they come from (Independence Day, Philippines Independence Day, Cananda Day, etc.) There will be shared meals, praise times, games, etc.

Saturday: I will be going with the Roots and several others to the Ocean.

2 comments:

  1. Do people in the Philippines run on hispanic time, or does everything pretty much run on schedule?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, according to the short-termer manual in the Philippine culture if you arrive within a half hour of the designated time, that's still on time. But my experience so far has been that people arrive and events start within about 10 minutes of the starting time. This could be because I have mostly been around the missionaries and events organized by them.

    ReplyDelete