Right now, I am uninspired. So why am I writing, you may ask? The truth is, I don' t know. What I do know is that I'd like to become more regular at writing here. And I'd like to be very honest as I write here on this blog.
What if I could actually share what I am really struggling with, rejoicing in, learning? And what if, by being honest, someday, someone, somewhere will read it and face the truth in their own lives? If one person can be drawn a little closer to God by reading this, it's worth it.
So, what AM I struggling with, rejoicing in and learning these days? I am so happy for simple things right now, for beautiful weather, tasty food, being healthy and free and loved. And I am also thirsty. Thirsty for the deeper things in life, the Living water, thirsty for love. It would take hundreds of words to express it all. It seems like I am constantly searching.
Food for thought: What matters in life?
I know all the pat answers. God matters. People matter. Relationships matter. And all the little regularities of life that are necessary for survival matter too; work, sleep, eating, you know. But how do I REALLY live focused on God first? What does that look like? I am going to explore that over the next few weeks. And perhaps for the rest of my life. Because I am determined not to spend my life ignoring what matters most.
Monday, July 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
it was good to hear from you Amy. . .and I'm looking forward to reading more.
ReplyDelete